Friday, March 24, 2017

THERE'S NO PLANET B




I could not really remember when was the last time I was an organizing committee.
 Maybe the last time was during high school.
That's 2 years ago. 
Time flies.

We have this fund-raising event for 2 consecutive days in conjunction with Earth Hour 2017.

We decided to reuse the aluminum cans, glass bottles and drink cartons as 'pots' for the money plant and sell them.

Personally, I think it is not that bad, but you cannot expect to get fancy and flawless pots out of recyclable items right..? 


When I was preparing the proposal, the main aim is to create environmental awareness among the college community. 

During the event, I think almost all of us forgot about this fact. We focus solely on selling our handmade products. 
Money matters after all (which is a sad fact).

There is this trend I realized during the whole event. 
People can be really generous in donating but they refused to take a plant home.

Maybe they do not want to take care of the plant.
Maybe they think they were ugly.
Maybe they think they were trash.
Let's think on the bright side.
At least they did not take the plants and threw them in the rubbish bin.

I thought people nowadays love pets and I thought they will love plants as well. 
Maybe I was wrong all this while.

I just want to thank our advisors for giving us full support even when things were done last minute.

Next will be all the committees who put in effort in making the whole event a success.

Also Ms. Gan from the Student Service Department for being so nice and helpful and our Centre of Pre-U Studies admin for her support.

Last but not least those who donated during the event.

I am so used to work with only people from my high school so I actually had 'culture shock' this time.
But it's okay we are all in the process of learning.

This is my first time doing promoting work.
I had a lot of fun but I do not think I like being a promoter.
I need so much courage to talk to random people; some are nice, some are not. 
Even you are exhausted you still need to wear that smile especially people like me who have RBF.



This is my baby (:

Back to my normal life with endless studies.


No comments:

Post a Comment